2 hours | Intermediate | Lecture Demo
This workshop includes programming on Pilates equipment (Chair, Cadillac, Reformer, Barrels), great for any athlete, but has been designed specifically to address the needs of triathletes. It includes a complete program with more than 50 exercises that address crucial aspects of a triathlete’s training demands: Injury Prevention / Recovery / Core and Peripheral Strength / Body Awareness / Coordination / Agility / Balance. The exercises range from beginner to advanced. This program is delivered Lecture / Demo style.
- Discuss the following in a brief overview: Demands of the sport Triathlon; Common Injuries, Benefits of Pilates, Scope of Practice.
- To provide the participant with targeted exercises for triathletes: Swimmers, Cyclists, and Runners. Specifically, to review exercises that address recovery needs, strength demands, and mobility demands of triathletes.
- To give tips and examples for putting together comprehensive Pilates workouts for triathletes using traditional Pilates principles and principles of alignment.
- To give instructors many exercise options for triathletes of all levels and abilities.
- To demonstrate the proper form and execution of the exercises, providing any regressions and progressions that are appropriate.
- To utilize the full spectrum of common Pilates Equipment to provide the best possible programming options.
0.2 STOTT PILATES CECs