IMP is an 8 day course, which provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and personal training programs. At the end of the course you are qualified to design and teach the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Matwork, repertoire, integrating small equipment to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients. In addition to the general course objectives, you learn:
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Essential, Intermediate and Power workouts
- Flex-Band®, Fitness Circle® and Arc Barrel workouts
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of functional anatomy. Minimum 30 hours Pilates classes/workouts. Three-plus years teaching movement of fitness*
*Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field may also be considered.
Duration: 40 hours of classroom instruction Plus: 10 hours observation; 30 hours physical review; 15 hours practice teaching. Total hours: 95 hours.
CECs: 4.0 STOTT PILATES