This course teaches you how to design and instruct Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Reformer workouts in group or personal training settings for a range of clients. In addition to the general course objectives, you will learn:
- Effective use of the Reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- How to develop programs for personal and group classes
- Essential, Intermediate and Power workouts
- Effective communication, visual skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- Theory behind exercise modification development and usage
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- 129 exercises plus multiple modifications
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of functional anatomy. Minimum 30 hours Pilates classes/workouts. Three-plus years teaching movement of fitness* *Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field may also be considered.
Duration: 50 hours of instruction.
Plus: 10 hours observation 40 hours physical review 25 hours practice teaching.
CECs: 5.0 STOTT PILATES