Stability with mobility and explosive power are key elements of a great golf swing, but how can off-course training help? A targeted dynamic warm-up followed by specific conditioning exercises, can significantly improve golf performance and increase club head speed. Another new addition to the Merrithew™ Athletic Conditioning Track, this golf-specific workshop features a warm-up that incorporates weighted Toning Balls providing added resistance, neuromuscular challenge and range of motion movements. These prepare the body physically, while directed breathing cues help encourage mindfulness, focus and awareness. The strengthening program that follows brings these elements together and facilitates increased quality of movement, providing the optimal balance of mobility and stability, crucial components in improved performance.
- Learn a dynamic golf-specific warm up using Toning Balls.
- Learn how breath and focus can create a better golf swing.
- Discover how to use Mat-based STOTT PILATES® exercises with Toning Balls™ to gain overall body conditioning and injury prevention.
- Experience exercises that focus on strength, stability, range of motion and control.
Equipment used in this workshop
- Pilates Mat (1:1)
- Maple Pole (1:1)
- Foam Cushion ‘C’ (1:1)
- Toning Balls™ (2 or 3lbs) (2:1)