We are “raising the barre” by adding even more neuromuscular challenge to coordination learned in Level 1. Following the class template from the Foundation Course, balance and strength exercises now use a number of props such as Handweights or Toning Balls™, Foam Rollers and Ankle Tubing to help challenge and bump up the strength and calorie burning results. Working in a continuous flow to keep the heart rate elevated, a recommended play list of music is provided, as well as suggested beats per minute for each segment.
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of the STOTT PILATES method
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals
- Understand how modifications increase exercise intensity and develop muscular endurance
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness when cueing to music
- Learn the basis to teach this pre-programmed class